Saturday, October 8, 2016

2016 East Coast - King Arthur Flour Baking Class

One of my yet-to-be achieved goals for retirement was to learn to bake really good homemade bread. Despite collecting and reading lots of books on baking breads, and my valiant tho' somewhat sporadic efforts at baking various types of bread, I seem to always come up short. When we were first planning this trip to the east coast, I looked into visiting the King Arthur Flour facility in Norwich, VT.  I guess I was hoping some baking magic would rub off on me just being in the vicinity.  But once I discovered that there was an opening in a 4-day rustic bread baking class that coincided with the end of our trip, that became a "must-do".  The class was all I could have hoped for and more!  Outstanding instructors, a magnificent facility,  a group of highly compatible classmates (14 of us in total, a mixture of folks from east, west, and midwest), and LOTS of hands-on practice.  Now to practice, practice, practice once we get home!






No comments: